Thursday, April 21, 2016

RIP Sweet Prince


If you know me at all, you will know my obsessive love for Prince. My phone exploded this morning with friends texting me to see if I was ok, if I had heard. It's kind of funny in a sad way because it does feel like a personal loss. I've loved Prince since I was a teenager. It was this weird little quirky thing my friends and family found amusing considering the era I was growing in. But I adored him. I have his music videos on dvd and I would play them over and over until I knew them by heart. This poster was my favorite. 

I actually cried this morning. I've never done that over a celebrity before, someone I really didn't know and yet knew intimately through his music. The day I saw him play live was one of the best days of my life. I took as many blurry phone photos as possible despite the no photos ban knowing I would never have another chance. He sang Purple Rain. I swear we made eye contact. The concert ticket is on my wall, a cherished memento.

I was sad about Bowie. I was more upset about Rickman. But Prince... I'm absolutely heartbroken. 

"Dearly beloved
We are gathered here today
To get through this thing called life
Electric word LIFE
It means forever and that's a mighty long time
But I'm here to tell you
There's something else...

The after world
A world of never ending happiness
You can always see the sun, day or night."

RIP Sweet Prince.
                                                                             Credit

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave some love <3