Friday, April 26, 2013

A life long wish & when Joey from N'sync was totally inappropriate

If you knew me in real life then you would know that I'm absolutely crazy about Prince. I can't tell you exactly when and where this love of The Artist started, I think it goes back to me being a little kid and my Aunt would think it was hilarious when I would get down to MC Hammer, Michael Jackson, and Prince so she played them constantly. When I got older I watched Purple Rain half a million times and collected anything and everything I could get my hands on that concerned him. I can proudly say I own  every Prince vinyl album that's out there right now. I'm still looking to complete my Prince movie collection. I've got quite a few books on the man and I love finding random posters and other memorabilia. 

This is currently on my wall. You're welcome.

Unfortunately when he was running his club out here and doing regular shows and appearances, I was underage. Womp womp womp. Fake ids may work in the local bars but they don't work at nightclubs. Of course as soon as I turned 21, he had closed his club and moved on to greener pastures. Go figure. Then when he did come here, tickets were around $200 and then some or he would randomly show up at underground sets I never heard about. Sneaky Prince.

Now I've done some awesome things to cross off my bucket list. I've swam with dolphins and fed JJ the Gray Whale on my birthday. Snorkeled with sea turtles in Hawaii. I lived in Mark Twain's house in New York for about a month when I was in the 4th grade, thanks to Papa! Not many kids can say that. Partied with George Costanaza (very cool dude) & met Joey from N'Sync. Yes, you read his shirt correctly. 


I've seen a lot of awesome bands, gone to some great concerts and music festivals. However I've never seen Prince in concert. Until today.

That's right. I'm going to see Prince live and in concert.... TONIGHT!

You have no idea how excited I am. Tickets were finally affordable (thanks tax return!) and I even splurged on the most expensive option so I could be standing room, right up in front. Unfortunately I can't bring my professional camera into the show without a media pass which I have no access to so I'll have to make do with my broken android. Also... This is the first concert I'm going to by myself. 0_0

Hopefully my friend Adam (a really amazing photographer) will be coming to the show I'll be at and  regardless if he gets in the same show, since he's starting a new photo venture dealing with band photography, he told me he would do his best to send me some prime shots to cherish forever. So fingers crossed!

I still can't believe I'm going to be seeing the living legend in person. 

One more thing, I have something in the works for everyone that I'll be unveiling tomorrow. If you've looked at my sidebar then you have a gigantic clue. I'm pretty stoked about it and hope word spreads and you'll all enjoy it. So make sure you check back tomorrow!!!

If you had the chance to meet your favorite person or see your favorite artist live...
Who would it be?

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave some love <3