Friday, August 2, 2013

Discovering Vinyl


So... Funny story. I had taken a whole bunch of great pics I planned for this post and then I deleted them by accident when I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my broken shutter remote. Since I already threw away the packaging and stuff.... Well I had to throw this together last minute.

Anyways.

I love vinyl. So very very much. I think all music sounds better on a record player and I love going to Zia or thrift stores and discovering awesome vinyl for cheap. I can hear you guys asking, do you have any Prince on vinyl record? Fear not! I'm pretty positive I have every album of his. And also some Monty Python. It's like finding a diamond when I stumble across a Monty Python record.

It's fitting then that I randomly came across Feedbands on Twitter. I recently mentioned them in my last Foxy Things post and wanted to share my first experience using them with you guys.

The concept is pretty simple. Every month, you get a spanking new vinyl record in the mail of an undiscovered band. The record is always a first pressing which makes it a collectors item. You can download the Feedbands app to vote for the band you want to be released the following month. You get to discover cool music you might not usually listen to. And if you don't like the record that month? You can send it back and not get charged that month. It's a pretty sweet deal.


My very first record I got was the Coo Coo Birds. I gave it a listen on a lovely rainy day (the best days to listen to vinyl are cloudy/rainy days I believe) and I liked it. I didn't love it, it's not my favorite type of music but I could see myself listening to it on occasion so I decided to keep it. The Coo Coo Birds remind me of 70's rock... Something like The Doors. And I have some of their albums so why not keep this one?

It doesn't hurt that the record came in my favorite color.


I haven't even mentioned my favorite part about all this. Since you can't take your vinyl record on the road, a downloadable card come included with your record so that you can download the songs to your Ipod. When you're done entering in that special code? Plant the card!


The download cards are biodegradable and contain flower seeds! Just plant it, water it, and watch it bloom!

If you love vinyl as much as I do, I hope you check out Feedbands! If you sign up now, you can also try out their services free for one month! It's worth it so do it!


*This post is not sponsored, all comments and views are completely my own and services were paid out of my own pocket.

2 comments

  1. This is such a cool idea! Thanks for sharing, I'm definitely going to look into this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea! So, so creative <3. Its amazing the things that are actually things thanks to the internet!

    xxx,

    Danielle Faith
    My Beauty Empowers Me!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love <3