Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Single


I love this man. A lot.
Which is why we both decided to end our relationship... for now.

Confused?

Absence can make the heart grow fonder but it can also cause a lot of stress...
Specially when you aren't sure where either of you are geographically destined and even more concerning, not knowing WHEN you will be together again.

I had a fantastic time on my trip, we had a great time together.
We realized if we were able to just be together, things would be easier.
But that's not the case right now...

So instead of having our relationship head towards a cliff, we decided to put it on the back burner.
We still talk. We still love each other. We just need to each get things sorted out in our own lives and focus on other things.

But it's nice to have a breakup that ends with some hope. And that's pretty quiet... Changing your Facebook relationship status when it's set to "Only Me" is like ripping off a bandaid and not having all the pain and backlash follow.

So yes....
I'm a single lady.
And I'm ok with that.

7 comments

  1. So sorry to hear this. Long distance relationships are very tough, I had a long distant relationship for 3 years until I finally decided to move to be closer to him. Glad to hear y'all are still on speaking terms though. Praying for you during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you pain and know exactly where you;re coming from. My bf is British and lives in London and I live in California. I sucks especially not knowing when we will see each other again!

    A Golden State of Mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the long distance thing and in hindsight it would have been a lot better and easier in the long run to have ended things before they all fell apart. What you did is brave and really hard - hugs.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess the cliché is "if it's meant to, it will happen". But of course that sentence gets you nowhere ..
    Long distance relationships are hard, but I think it's a good thing that you could both make the decision together and that it didn't end badly. And like you said, there's still hope :)

    xo Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( so sorry. it's great that ya'll are on good terms, but i just wish the situation was different for you guys!

    ♥, Brittney @ True Vintage Love
    http://www.truevintagelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear that! I was in a long distance relationship for almost 2 years, so I know how hard it is. Glad you are taking it well though.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love <3