Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Blues




 I've been home sick the last couple days (I always get sick around Christmas, like clockwork) and finally blogged my mini sessions up on my business blog which you can see here. That's definitely going to be a goal for 2016, to keep that thing updated consistently! I need to put as much effort into that blog as I do with this one.

I'm sort of in a pre Christmas funk. I have a couple of forks in the road coming up in my journey of life and I'm not sure which path to take. I know that I'm making a change, that I'm going to stray from the road I'm on now. However the opportunities aren't exactly crystal clear just yet and I'm hoping they will be by the New Year. I know I want to focus more on my photography... I think the ultimate goal is being able to do this full time but I'm not quite there yet. Mentally, yes. Financially, no. However I'm going to try out some new things to continue growing as a photographer and who knows where I might be by next year!

Animal rescue is forever in my life and something I will always do. One of the new paths might lead me deeper into that realm and I'm open to seeing where that may go. If I'm lucky, eventually I would be able to tie in photography and animal rescue together as a career and be set for life. Fingers crossed right guys?

Regardless, I'm in this weird place now because I'm already so eager for a change and unhappy/restless with where I'm at right now. It's frustrating. Not to mention that with the job I have now, I'm always exhausted and stressed out. I'm too tired to go out with friends or even do anything on my days off unless it's something close to home. I use to be this social butterfly but my job has sucked the life out of me and I for sure can't keep on like this. I haven't traveled in about 3 years (moving to Utah doesn't count) and I can't remember the last time I actually went out on the town. I hate to be cliche but I've always been a creative and these 12 hour days as a Low Cost Spay & Neuter Receptionist.... I just can't anymore. It was fine as a temporary solution for when I moved home but now it's time for something more substantial.

Sorry for ranting friends, I tend to just bottle these things up and keep it to myself but my blog gives me a safe space where I can release a little steam. Anxious, restless, still wondering what my future holds when I'm almost 30 years old. Frustrating! I can't wait till Christmas, at least it will be a good distraction while I let these things play out and see what happens.




1 comment

Leave some love <3