Monday, January 4, 2016

Lazy Girl's Beauty Haul


So I'll admit, I've always been really terrible at being a girly girl. I didn't start wearing makeup until I was well into high school and even then it was just a little eyeshadow, mascara, and lip balm. I hate doing my hair which is why I resort to super easy styles (aka putting it up in a messy bun) unless I use my curling wand and then I can get away with a decent hairstyle for at least 2-3 days without washing it. Honestly I'm terrible at being a girl. Not to say that I don't love getting dressed to the nines sometimes plus who doesn't love to be pampered?

What I'm saying is... My makeup bag is pretty basic. My hair products are everywhere because I'm forever trying to find the unicorn that will give me long, thick, not frizzy hair. But my makeup kit is super small compared to most. I stick to easy stuff. Foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara. That's pretty much it. So I don't splurge very often when it comes to makeup. However I decided to change that up and try to put a little more effort into my day to day beauty routine. I stopped into Sephora and purchased a new eyeshadow palette, eyeliner, and mascara. I've always seen Urban Decay makeup plastered in beauty blogs and decided to give it a go. I also follow Kat Von D's Instragram and have been dying to try her much talked about eyeliner. I always love shopping at Lush because I take baths constantly and they have the best bath bombs. Lush also has my favorite skin product, Dark Angels, which was the only thing that fixed my skin when it went completely out of whack when I moved to Utah. My skin had never been bad before but I think the stress of the move, living in a new city by myself, and the new climate change threw it for a loop. I'm completely loyal to it now. I love that Lush is so vocal about animal testing and I just love everything they sell. I decided to try some new stuff and see how their hair products were considering I had never tried anything from the hair line before.


1 // Urban Decay Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette. I've heard so many good things about this brand and their palette's. I'm a lover of neutral earthy tones so after looking at the selection, I went with Naked 2 which is all neutral colors. I love the color Busted for my eyebrows and Snakebite or Tease as my everyday shadow color. I'm pretty sure that I'll be using all these colors at some time or another. I played with this palette a little today and used Bootycall for my crease as well as the corners of my inner eye. I then blended Snakebite over my lids and used Pistol lightly under my lower lash line. Finally I used Blackout to blend a little at the outer corner of my eyes. I also used Busted for my brows. You can see results below. I really love this palette and think it's going to help me step up my makeup game.

2 // Urban Decay Perversion Mascara.  This was a last minute purchase because it was on sale and in the little checkout aisle. I have a hard time finding mascara I really love. What I like about Perversion is how soft it makes my lashes feel and doesn't clump them together at all. However it doesn't make as big a statement as other mascaras have, it doesn't make my lashes look bigger or blacker. Who knows, maybe it will grow on me as daytime mascara.

3 // Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Color Trooper. I live by my eyeliner. Sometimes it's the only makeup I'll wear at all. This is hands down my favorite product that I got because the brush is so perfect. It literally glides on like butter and was the easiest application I've ever used. It feels like drawing it on with a pen. Plus this liner stands up to the waterproof claim. My cat eyes aren't perfect to begin with (something I'm still practicing) but I'm excited to work on it with this stuff. 

4 // Daddy-O Shampoo by Lush. I wanted to try this because I want a purple shampoo that doesn't smell disgusting and that actually works. This shampoo is actually Vegan and doesn't have any harsh chemicals in it and smells like Violets. I have a hard time getting brassiness out of my blonde and now that I've gone gray, I need a purple shampoo to help the bottom part fade to an ashy white. I used this last night and left it in for about a minute. I did my usual shower routine and blow-dried my hair and the ends did look lighter than before as well as giving me a more silvery look than it was before. So far I would say this product works and will continue to use it and see how it goes.

5 // Go Faster Feet Foot Lotion by Lush. When I was a lifeguard, I always had my feet in great shape. Now that I'm constantly in boots or shoes and can't afford a real pedicure, I resort to lotions to help keep my feet smooth and soft. With the winter season, my feet had gotten a little rough and after using this lotion once, my feet were already ten times smoother than before. You can also use this lotion and wrap your feet for an hour for a more intense soak and softness. This lotion is fantastic!

6 // Ocean Salt Face & Body Scrub by Lush. What drew me to this was the scent. Anything that says Ocean on it will usually draw me in. My skin's been dry thanks to cold weather, I wanted something that could give me a little boost back towards my usual softness. Now I'm not sure if it was the scrub or something else, but I started to get really itchy and break out into hives not long after I used it. Sometimes I break into hives if I'm really upset or stressed and sometimes it just happens for the fun of it which is always fantastic. I put some Aveeno lotion on the red areas and it seemed to calm down not long after that. I'm going to give it another shot and see if it was just a fluke reaction because I really liked how smooth my skin felt after using it... Before the red bumps popped up.

7 // Twilight & Big Blue Bath Bombs by Lush. Like I said, I can't live Lush without bath stuff. 





                     Urban Decay Naked 2 in Bootycall/SnakeBite/Pistol/Blackout/Busted. Kat Von D Tatto Liner in Trooper. Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

What are your favorite beauty products? Any lazy girl beauty hacks I should learn?

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave some love <3